Pages

Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

365 Days of Change: Picture This - Be a Visionary



 
365 Days of Change: Picture This – Be a Visionary 

DAY 2 – VISION (August 22, 2012)

If you can see it, if you want it to manifest, you can absolutely put in motion the efforts to create it.  My dear friend Stewart Midwinter is a gracious and shining example of this in action.  He is the poster boy for persistent vision ... one of my inspirational mentors.  If he is destined to walk again, he will see his way there.

I am highly visual, and instantly propelled into the realm of what if? by colors and images which represent who I am, my passions, goals and dreams.  The nice-but-blank green wall in my home office isn’t going to motivate anything besides an expectant stare.  I started a Vision Wall.  At the end of 365 days, we’ll see what that looks like, and how many objectives manifested.  Ask for your images – from magazines, newspapers, or the internet.  Photograph them yourself.  They will find you.  Simply ask.
      
If you want to shift from being a day-dreamer to becoming a found-the-way-dreamer, find whatever tools unique to you that allow you to see your intentions, then stay present with your commitments towards them.  The Law of Attraction is without question attractive, but the Universe also needs you to put your boots to the ground and do a little work for what you want.  Don't propose to boil the ocean overnight; only an extra-terrestrial wowser like a meteor hit will accomplish that!  When my mother was dying of cancer, and I couldn’t see past the bleary exhaustion of my caregiver role, a significant person in my life offered this to gently open my eyes, so that I may see.  Be a Visionary.  

“It is there, Laurel.  Drive in the axe, kick in the toes and keep your gaze trained resolutely on the objective.  Just because you are enshrouded in cloud at the moment does not mean it is not there.  That which is essential is invisible to the eye.”  - Alan Hobson   

No comments:

Post a Comment